January is my least favourite month of the year. I hate everything about it – all the Christmas decorations have been taken down, no one has any money and its cold, dark and damp! Thankfully its now over (wahey!) so I thought I would share with you some of the things I have been loving throughout the month.
Beauty – Makeup:
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation: This is my new favourite foundation. I love the coverage, the colour (I am colour 100 ivory) and the fact that it lasts all day – which is great as I am one of those people that forgets to touch up my make up during the day (especially when I am at work).
- Collection Lasting Perfection concealer: This is a lifesaving concealer and I honestly don’t know what I would do without it!! No only is it a great colour match for my skin (I am colour 1 Fair) but its great at covering up spots and bags under my eyes. Its one of the best products in the Collection range and is a staple in my make up bag.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara: I have been on the hunt for a decent mascara for a long time and have tried all sorts. I saw this on the off chance when I was shopping in Morrisons and thought I would give it a go. Definitely the best mascara I have used for a while as it really makes my eyes pop and goes on so easily – which on a morning when you are rushing around getting ready for work is great as I don’t always have chance to spend a lot of time putting make up on (mainly because I stay in bed until the latest possible second before getting up as I love my bed and sleep!).
- Collection Instant brown pomade: I saw this in the range in Superdrug and thought I would give this a go as my eyebrows are very light and I need to define them every day as I just look weird if I don’t. It comes in a little pot and I used a small angled brush to put it on. It goes on very easily and looks great when done. I would highly recommend to anyone and I know it comes in a couple of other shades as well.
- Make Up Revolution Ingot Highlighter: I LOVE highlighter. I honestly don’t know what I did without it in my life. I am into making my skin look healthy and dewy – and highlighter is the best product for this. I have a few that I have used – however my new favourite if the Makeup Revolution Ingot highlighter in the colour Rose Gold. I love it to bits – I just need to remember not to go too over the top with it as I love it that much!!!
Beauty – Skincare:
- Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil: This is a little bit pricey – but worth spending that bit extra in – especially if you suffer from very dry lips. This product is a lifesaver – especially when the heating is on and the atmosphere in work and home is dry. Not only does this nourish the lips – it also goes on easy and doesn’t feel sticky or heavy.
Beauty – Hair:
- Provoke touch of silver shampoo: My hair is highlighted and the one thing that I have always complained about it how my colour appears to go dull after a while. My lovely hairdresser recommended this shampoo and I love it. I use it twice a week and it replenishes my colour and leaves it looking healthy and shiny. It also smells great as well.
- V Heat Protect styling spray: I use my hair straighteners pretty much every day (which is not healthy for my hair) however I use this spray and its really helped to stop my hair from looking frizzy and damaged. I use it when I dry my hair and straighten my hair, and not only does it smell great, but it also leaves my hair feeling soft and shiny.
- Reed Diffusers: I got bought a lovely set from next for Christmas from my mum and I have already used one scent and am half way through the second! They smell great – and my favourite scent is White Jasmine. I can safely say I will be going back for some more when they are done.
- Big Mugs: I have two big mugs that I am just in love with now. One says, “Life is beautiful” and the other says “Do what you love”. They are stylish and didn’t cost a lot – I picked them up from B&M and they only cost £1.49 each. And let’s be honest – who doesn’t love a big mug with a nice hot drink in???
- Stir Fries: after overindulging over the festive period – I just wanted to eat healthy food. Stir Fries are not only simple and easy to make – but they can taste amazing as well. We eat two to three stir fry dinners a week and use Blue Dragon Stir Fry Sauces (Chow Mein and Chinese BBQ are my fave!) and serve with white rice.
- Innocent Smoothies: I am OBSESSED with smoothies. As someone who can’t eat fruit (weird I know but I can’t help it – it’s a texture thing!) I have no problem drinking it. The mango and passionfruit are the best – I can’t get enough.
- Graze Smokehouse BBQ Crunch: graze is one of my favourite snack companies and the smokehouse BBQ crunch is my new favourite now. I love the mixture of the BBQ flavoured peas, jumbo chilli corn and the corn chips – well done Graze what a cracking combination.
- Call the Midwife: I hadn’t watched this program before until this year – and boy was I missing out. I started to watch it on Netflix – and watched season 1-6 in three weeks I love it so much. Season 7 has just started on BBC One and every week I can’t wait for the next one. I would highly recommend this to anyone!
- ER: An old school classic medical drama and I love it. I am currently on season 3 and I had completely forgotten how good it was!! Sure the dress sense looks dated and the medical machinery used looks very out of date – but its a classic and you can’t mess with that!
Anyway – that’s just a few things I have been loving. Until next time
Katie x x x x