Wow how is it March already? I feel like I have blinked and its already the month of March! It’s quite scary how fast time seems to be going, however Winter appears to be going on FOREVER here in the UK. I have just had three “snow days” at work as the Beast from the East caused chaos here in Yorkshire and the University of Bradford where I work has been shut since Wednesday 28th February due to the sheer amount we have had (which yes it has been really nice to not have to worry about getting up and going to work in the awful weather as the UK don’t deal with snow well at all – but I am now really bored as have hardly moved from the house for 5 days!).
Anyway- I thought I would share with you some of the things I was loving during February.
Beauty – Makeup:
- Collection Liquid lipstick in the colour Nude Caramel 3: I am not normally a lipstick wearer. I usually wear just lip balm or my Clarins lip conditioning oil – but I saw this and thought I would give it a try and I absolutely love it! It doesn’t feel too heavy or sticky on my lips and I LOVE the colour. I have always loved the collection range – as its affordable and the products are amazing (especially the Collection lasting perfection concealer which is a staple in my make-up bag and I wear it every day!).
- Maybelline Super stay makeup extending primer: One thing I have really been struggling with is the fact that my make-up always seems to slide off my face by lunchtime. I have been doing so much research about how to make it last longer – and a few recommendations were to use a primer under my foundation. I did so much research on which primers were the best to use for people with oily skin and the Maybelline super stay primer came up in a few articles I have read so I thought I would give it a go – and boy it has lived up to its name! Its has helped my skin so much (a long with a few other tricks I have picked up) and I would highly recommend to anyone.
- Maybelline Super stay setting spray: As above – when doing research about making my make up last longer, a make up setting spray was also recommended. Again, I did my research and the Maybelline Super stay setting spray was mentioned a few times, so I thought I would give it a go. It’s brilliant. Its so easy to apply, the smell isn’t too bad (a bit chemically but not too strong) and it dries quickly. It’s the perfect finishing touch to my make up every day and I would highly recommend.
Beauty – Skincare:
- Sanex 0% Sensitive Skin shower gel: I struggle with my skin as its sensitive and I can come up in a rash or feel itchy quite quickly. I am also conscious about the products that I use and am trying to be careful about not using products that contain too many chemicals. I thought I would give this shower gel as go as it contains no parabens, no colourants and no soap. It’s great – it smells nice, produces a good froth and I feel so clean after using it. I love it so much I am almost through my second bottle of it already!
- Garnier Pure Active Intensive 3 in 1 Charcoal anti-blackhead: I suffer from HORRIFIC blackheads and as result was looking at what I could use to clear my blackheads out. I came across this product and thought I would give it a try as it can be used as a wash, scrub and mask. I have used it mostly as a scrub and a mask and so far, it seems to be helping. I have had a few small blackheads – but not the monster ones that I normally get (well fingers cross so far – you never know with my skin!) so it seems to be working and its affordable and you can pick this up in any supermarket when doing your weekly food shop.
- Nivea Soft Moisturising cream: Because of the cold weather and my love of cleaning – my hands get so dry. I have tried so many different hand creams but always go back to this. It smells great and feels so refreshing when its soaked in – and it soaks in well. It’s also affordable and I love it!
- NSPA beauty rituals brightening eye cream: When I am tired and stressed – I get huge black bags under my eyes. I hate them and when they get bad I use a brightening eye cream. I picked this up in Asda and thought I would give it a go. It was relatively cheap and its easy to apply. Its helped my eyes a lot and it smells nice as well which is a bonus.
- Sally Hansen Vitamin E Cuticle and Nail cream: A few weeks ago, I went to have my nails done. I had an acrylic overlay with a gel polish and my nails looked great – however the polish came off quickly (as my nails grow fast) and its left my nails in a bit of a state (weak and brittle) which I hate. I decided to give this product a go to try and increase the strength of the new nails growing. I really like it. Its so easy to apply and you get a lot of it for your money. Its also absorbed quickly into the skin which I like, and it doesn’t leave my hands feeling greasy afterwards.
- Flowers: There is something about flowers that just finishes a room off nicely. I love having flowers in the house and as daffodils are in season here in the UK – I have had them in the house now for a good few weeks. They just look happy and friendly and remind me of spring so much. I was also a lucky girl and got some beautiful lilies for Valentine’s Day from my hubby. They are my favourite flowers and when they opened the house smelt amazing!
- Bonne Mamam Chocolate Mousse: I have been loving these so much recently. The mousse is creamy and chocolatey – but not too heavy. They have been on my shopping list every week for the last few weeks and I cannot get enough!
- Robinsons Raspberry, Rhubarb and Orange Blossom Cordial: This is just delicious. It’s so fruity and refreshing which is just what I need as I am trying to increase my intake of water/fluids! I am already on my second bottle I love it so much.
- Green and Blacks Organic Milk Chocolate: I am a chocoholic and I love this chocolate so much. Its creamy and tasty and I have eaten so much of it recently. I also love that it’s a brand that really cares about how it sources all its ingredients. There is so much information on their website: greenandblacks.com about all the other products that they sell – I am hoping that Mr Easter Bunny brings me a tasty and delicious Green and Blacks Easter Egg.
- I am Jazz: I LOVE this programme so much. It airs on TLC at 8pm on a Monday night here in the UK and follows the life of a transgender girl called Jazz Jennings who knew from a very young age that she was a girl trapped in the body of a boy. She is such an inspiration and its so great to follow the ups and downs of the things she has to deal with on a daily basis. She has been through so much and has dealt with it so well. If anyone hasn’t seen the show – I would recommend it.
- My 4 Wives (or Sisters Wives as it’s called in the USA): This is again my guilty pleasure. Its also aired on TLC on a Sunday night at 7pm. I love the whole family -its about a man named Kody Brown who is a polygamist and has 4 wives. The family all live in Las Vegas (well most of them do) and they have 18 children between them. I love the show so much and all the wives are so lovely in their own ways. Its such a lovely programme to watch on a Sunday night before a long week at work – it makes me feel cosy and lucky that I also have such a brilliant family.
- Prison Break: The hubby and I have just watched season 5 – and I really enjoyed it. I had forgotten just how good it was and just how clever the stories are – with all their twists and turns.
- Criminal Minds: The hubby and I have just watched season 12 box set and enjoyed the story. If you haven’t seen any – it is worth starting from the beginning (it is a big commitment as there are 22-23 episodes per season) as you will understand the background to all the characters and what I loved about season 12 was how there were characters and criminals from previous seasons that kept cropping up. My favourite character is Spencer Reid as he’s not only intelligent and well-read but also very clever. A lot of season 12 revolves around him which is probably why I loved it so much!
Anyways – that a few things I have been loving throughout February. Let me know if there is anything here that you have also enjoyed, but also if there are any things that you can recommend to me to try.
Thanks, and until next time
Katie x x x x